Sunday, September 24, 2017

Social Media Updates for James LaFond

Comments for James from YouTube:




Lance asks for a basic footwork video, James responds:


When next I get in front of a camera I will do a basic footwork video.
Thanks for your interest.

and FaceBook:






Astrid writes:

Hey James, interesting analyses in this and the similar post.  Training from 2 martial arts lineages connected to him (1 under the aforementioned Sifu Clark, as you know), I hadn't heard this perspective.  I'm not sure I believe that it's that clear-cut when considering his weaknesses at the bags, etc, but the arguments are pretty sound none-the-less.  I especially enjoyed the videos you included, they're fascinating. 

James responds:

Thank you, Astrid,
Since I'm a coach and not an instructor I tend to veer away from technical possibilities and look at the durability and adaptability of the combatant. This is not always the best way. I can tell you that there would be a simple way for an untested martial artist like Lee to beat a bruiser like Duran--spear him in the eyes! Finger jabs followed by groin kicks.
take care and give Sifu Clark my best, please

Follow James LaFond on Facebook and Lynn Lockhart on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment