Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The White House around the Corner

Mid Morning in Dindustan





I took a walk today, Monday, 1:55-2:30 pm, September 25, 2017, from Caucasian Avenue to the 7-11 on Harford Road and Glenmore, a nice stroll, where I passed the house pictured above.

18 months ago this man, who has waved to me, but whom I do not know, four houses down from where three hoodrat thugs tried to stop my Lili Hun and almost got run over, one block from where I was attacked by a pitbull, two blocks from where a woman was strangled 9 months ago, two blocks from where four thugs began piling out of a car on me this time last year but thought better of it after I armed myself, barred the front door, his back door, his basement windows and door and his ground floor windows. He also placed an American flag in the window of that small basement door and hung one from the garage eve just to the left of the green SUV in this picture.

Today, as I walked home by his place at 2:28, I saw that the flags are gone, that the house is open and being renovated, with a gutting dumpster in the driveway in front of the green door…

Another man is gone.

The photo serves as the inside cover of the book below, which I decided not to put on the cover for his privacy’s sake. The house is on the corner of Sefton and Mary.

Dawn in Dindustan: Conducting the Moral Autopsy of a Nation

(c) 2017 James LaFond

No comments:

Post a Comment