Saturday, October 7, 2017

'Then in the Night It Was Gone' Mescaline Franklin, Post Script, Wyman Park Dell

Crackpot Correspondence Files


I wanted to hear Mescaline Franklin's thoughts about his and James LaFond's Wyman Park Dell video project. Below are some questions I put to him and his responses:

What made you return to the park this past August, after visiting it last year?
James wanted to do videos and we both thought it would be good to revisit the Lee Jackson Monument, he wrote an article on it for Counter Currents when we first visited in early 2016. We lucked out a week before Charlottesville. James and I kept discussing when they would finally take it down and then in the night it was gone.

Was your visit on a weekday or weekend? Did you see anyone else there who appeared to be there to study the monument?
I actually don't recall, I think it might be the weekend. The three times we have been there, there was no one checking out any of the monuments, not a lot of foot traffic despite the school and museum. Almost like people are afraid of something...

Have you been back to the park since the Lee Jackson monument was removed?
Not yet. We plan to go for a before and after.

Are there any other Civil War monuments that you have spent significant time with?
I have seen many in my trip. The Confederate Soldiers and Sailors Monument and Confederate Women's Monument in Baltimore were also taken down. Both monuments were quite beautiful with female figures comforting a dying male, suspending my misogyny for a moment. The base of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument was debased with red paint and graffiti. I assume the Women's monument base is also spray painted.

There is an awesome one in [redacted] but I wouldn't bring attention to it, there is also a monument for the [redacted group]. I would not reprint these last two for fear of bringing unwanted attention.


Do you have plans to visit and examine any others?
I have been looking at many monuments lately, including Federal/Union and Great War ones. They will not be safe for long either. This is about erasing white people, anyone with a brain knows this. And that white liberals lead the way makes it all the more frustrating.

I will find what I can and see if James will tag along. Not even Shakespeare's various monuments are safe.

60% or more of the country, including more non-whites than the media admits is AGAINST these actions and it does not matter one iota.

Getting James to Gettysburg would be an adventure, that place is a monument metropolis in the middle of farm country. We shall see, there is still plenty in Baltimore to see, like the old Mexican-American War monument, imagine if that thing was in your home state of California?

Thanks,
-MF

Thanks for doing this, Mescaline. This series of videos is one of my favorites of all of James' work and it wouldn't be possible without you. I look forward to helping out with any future video projects.

-Lynn

(c) 2017 Lynn Lockhart & Mescaline Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment